Friday, February 29, 2008

13 weeks/3 months waiting - check


Today is the conclusion of exactly 13 weeks and 3 months of waiting for our referral. I have to say - this whole concept is difficult to actually grasp. The thought that literally at any point starting now, we may get a phone call of this magnitude is just too surreal. We're trying to take it all in but I'm not sure the reality will really hit us for some time. After all of the issues we have faced with trying to start our family, all of these issues that I wouldn't trade for the world because they are what led us to and through this amazing journey, we simply won't believe it's real until it truly is, I'm guessing. It's the hope that it is, for now, that keeps us going.

7 comments:

The Soucys said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING! I am now officially stalking you and the Winters...
:)

Lori said...

Hey, I hope you get that call soon. It's quite a moment. Nothing can really prepare you for it. And thank you for your sweet comment and for mentioning us to your dad. Please tell him Happy Birthday for us, and thanks so much for the prayers!
(btw, are you guys in L.A.? I think I'm heading down Saturday evening, and it would be cool to meet up for coffee or something. Send me an email: ourownrooney@gmail.com)

LISA said...

WE ARE ALL SUCH STALKERS!!!
11 weeks 3 days here...

Jennifer said...

OMG!!! You are so close!!!! I am going to stalk your blog approximately every hour or so... yay! yay!

graceling said...

Okay, the Fournets are my "first check for news" blog, but you might have just taken second place:)

Unknown said...

Sooooo excited, I really can't contain myself when I start thinking about it! See you in 2 weeks! I have a really good feeling down deep! Lots of Love :)

Adoption Cubed said...

You are in such an amazing (and anxious) time of the adoption process. I don't think any words or experiences can prepare you to receive THE call - nor would I want it to. It is too rich of an experience. I hope you are finding some calm in the anticipation!

Thanks for stopping by the blog and for your nice comment. I have been following your blog for some time. I have enjoyed getting to know about you and your adoption journey. I'll be checking back and reading!
Rebecca