Sunday, November 4, 2007

Surprise!

My hubby decided to throw an impromptu SURPRISE bday dinner gathering for me at one of our favorite Tex Mex restaurants on Friday night. What an awesome guy he is! It was so much fun, certainly unexpected since it was 6 days after my birthday,and really great to see everyone that came out. It reminded me that I need to get out more. We have been so consumed with the adoption process, the chasing down of paperwork and organizing of files and trips to the post office that we had kind of forgotten how important it is to 'live a little'...I plan to use our 'waiting' period catching up with friends, celebrating life and practicing patience. Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yay for living it up! We're trying to really seize the moment before we become parents, doing as much fun traveling, movie watching, late breakfast-eating, and wine drinking as possible during what I call the Weird Waiting Phase. It takes my mind off wondering when the phone call might come.